For this month's bee, I got to try something I find a little bit difficult, going scrappy!
Katrina for whom we made the block this week wanted a scrappy version, no holds barred. She directed to use a tutorial by Oh,Fransson! but to only make the block 6 x 6 squares.
It took me way longer to pick and place the fabrics than to sew it. It's really easy to sew. However, the directions to cut the interfacing with scissors in order to open up the seam allowances takes a while. I had done a similar technique before and just used my ruler to trim the edge as skinny as possible, which was much faster. If I were to do this again, I would use the ruler technique.
I hope Katrina will enjoy her block!
Linked up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts